ITS Creatives Team Lead
Asbury University - November 2018 - Present
Oversees Creatives Team and student workers in graphic design, PR, Development, Programming, and Media Archiving/Podcasting.
- Designed and Implemented new digitization and audio processing hardware/software workflow.
3D Artist & Animator
Digital Life 3D - August 2017 - Present
Working with Duncan Irschick and the Digital Life team to develop data-driven 3d animation for use by Scientists, Conservationists, Educators, and Animators.
ITS Support Generalist/Media Archivist
Asbury University - August 2018 - November 2018
Student support for campus technology and websites and media achieving of campus events and recordings.
- Fulfilling interdepartmental and outside media order s of campus audio-visual recordings.
- Handling phone and email student support ticketed using Freshservice ITSM system.
- Moving and cataloging old archival media (DV, VHS, DVD, CD, Reel-to-reel)to network server databases.
Content Writer/Support Specialist
BlenderGrid - Jan 2017 - May 2018
Provide educational article content for the BlenderGrid blog designed to engage potential customers while also providing one-on-one support to existing customers via email support. Write Engaging 3D rendering related content and interviews on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with company members via remote location utilizing Slack and Skype for communication.
- Work with company support team via ZenDesk to provide optimal support for customers.
VFX Lead/Technical Director
Martin Media - May 2012 - 2017
Work on and off-location overseeing VFX and film production gear for commercial, corporate, and educational content productions for high profile clients including: Hendrickson Intl, RDPC, Berea College, EKU, and PBS.
- Work with a small production team to overcome technical and creative challenges.
- Create professional quality graphics within a contained budget and time frame.
- Manage Windows, MacOS, and legacy hardware/software systems to save time and expenditures.
Asbury University – Bachelor of Arts - Media Communications and Philosophy – Fall 2018 - Fall 2021
The Asbury Collegian
Web Editor – January 2019 - Present
Works with editorial team to publish and manage the Asbury Collegian web-edition and social media pages.
Editor/Educational Content Writer – June 2015 - Present
Founded and run a successful educational website teaching professional 3d modeling techniques with a sustained 4,000 visitor sessions a month.
- Design and Implement a UX freindly experience for visitors.
- Create a marketing plan and vision to grow the website and it’s purpose.
- Write consistent and professional educational content for over 2 years.
Jasper Bend Baptist Church
3D Visualization Artist – August 2014
Designed and visualized a 3d architectural visualization for a church building/recovery project.
Wycliffe Bible Translators, USA
Video Editor – June 2016
Helped as part of a four person crew to edit 40+ short interviews utilizing an Adobe Creative Cloud workflow.
Just a list of random useful websites that I’ve found over the years.
- CG Cookie
- Blender Guru
- Creative Shrimp
- 3d Total
- CG Masters
- Topology Guides
- OpenSubdiv Tips
- Blender Aid
- Ch-Ch-Check It
- Butterick’s Practical Typography
- Google Fonts
- I Love Typography
- Google Web Fonts Typography Project
- A Pocket Guide to Master Every Day’s Typographic Adventures
- Creative Bloq
- Ronen Bekerman
- David Revoy
- It’s Art Magazine
- Tobias van Schneider
- Material Design
- The Colors of Motion
- Detail.ist Magazine
- Design for Hackers
- CG Inspiration
- The Illusion of Life
- Adaptive Samples
- 3D Artist Online
- CG Textures
- Project Gutenberg
- The Pattern Library
- Mitch Martinez
- Texture ninja
- Hard Surface Enthusiast
- Art of Swords
- Johnson Martin
- Dead End Thrills
- Video Game Art Styles
- The Blueprints
- Beautiful War Birds
- Andrew Loomis
- Robots (Pinterest Board)
- Various Anatomy Sources:
- Scott Eaton
- Unreal Engine
- Pixar’s RenderMan
- The Inner Tube Show
- Smart Passive Income Podcast
- NTMY The Show
- Voices of VR Podcast
- Pretty much anything by NPR